Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crunch Time

Welp, after an epic slide combined with an epic win streak - -the Giants find themselves 6 back of the damn D-Backs at the start of September.

Rowand and Miggy were DFA'd yesterday (thank God), the Bat (injury) and Brett Pill (AAA) were activated, and today rosters expand.

The Boys start a 3 game weekend series with the first place D-Backs at China Basin tomorrow.  They've got 6 v the Rattlers in the final 22 games.  I think they've got to win 5 out of 6 and 18 or 19 of 22 to have a shot at the division.

In lieu of a playoff/rally beard: this year I am homaging the great Barry Zito #75 and Tim Lincecum #55 in all of their post-World Series/pre-Season-of-Defense glory and I will do a rally/playoff mustache.  I shaved this morning, and I will grow the push broom out until mathematical elimination of championship repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment