Friday, May 13, 2011

Game 38: Maddy gets dicked around again, Affeldt is done, Giants lose by a bunch, 11-4

The game started promising, but the Giants are the only team that can get to the 7th batter in the lineup in the first inning and still only score one run.

Maddy gave up 3 in the 2nd, but I don't think it was his fault.  I thought he was squeezed on a 3-2 pitch to pitcher Ryan Dempster.  After that, a few consecutive hits led to 2 more runs.

The true disappointment is with Jeremy Affeldt.  Listen, I like Affeldt, he's a nice guy, but I think he's done. 

In fact, I idolize the guy for game 6 against the Phillies.  I do.  But, he is notorius for letting inherited runners score, his curve ball goes up, and when he pitches against a decent hitter, he gets rocked.

Affeldt and Runzler: I'm ready to pull the plug on them.  Their lines today (combined)

1.1IP 7H 7R 7ER 1K

Take their work out and we're in extra innings right now.

It's nice to have other lefties, but when Casilla comes back, I think we've seen the last of Runzler.  So now, the Giants are in desperate need of another leftie, otherwise they're tetheredto Affeldt, good guy though he may be.

Which brings me to another stupid point:

Bochy: you start a lefty, the Cubs lineup is geared towards facing a lefty, and then, 2 our of your 3 relievers are lefties? 

Why not throw your aresenal of right handed arms at the Cubbies?  Make Quade go to his bench or suffer a bad match up?  I mean I just look at Maddy facing righty after righty after righty -- give them a RHP for eff's sake.

Anyway, Vogelsong tomorrow.  First Saturday Night Game @ Wrigley since Andre Dawson was on the team.  hopefully it throws the northsiders off.

No comments:

Post a Comment